Friday, November 09, 2007

America's liquid shortage.

Water is 99.9% of the contents of a cup of coffee. Because of this, (and other "basics of life", "ecosystem survival", and "fun to swim in" type reasons) having fresh water is a particular concern to me, so this quote from the Detroit Free Press caught my eye:

"I don't think I'm being too alarmist about this," said Rep. Candice Miller, a Harrison Township Republican. "Do not look to the Great Lakes to solve the nation's water problems."

Her Michigan colleague on the House subcommittee on water resources and environment, Grand Rapids Republican Vern Ehlers, predicted what might happen if anyone attempted a water grab.

"I would suspect we'd call up the militia and take up arms," Ehlers said. "We feel that serious about it."


Nope. That doesn't sound alarmist at all, but on a related note, perhaps I should buy a gun....

Dave!