Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Yirg is Back!

After a bit of a delay, the Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Organic is back! I picked up a Fair Trade variety this time to do my part to help (ok, so, truth be told, I would have picked it up earlier, but just found a supplier with it).

The Yirgs disappeared for a time and the new crop was supposed to arrive in late May, but I haven't been able to get my hands on any since June. I haven't heard about any weather issues with the new crop, but they have been difficult to find. Fortunately, an all new supplier came through for me with a fresh new crop! The word is it has GREAT body and brightness. I can't wait for it to arrive and test it out myself.

At the same time, I picked up a new Timor Peaberry Maubesse FT for testing... I have high hopes for this one, as it sounds fascinating. Plus many of you know, I already love most of the Indonesian coffees. This is a new one to cup. I would love to be able to contribute financially to the farmers in this beat up little country.

Back to roastin',
Big Dave!